Setting up a Solo 401k retirement plan is easy and allows for tax-deductible contributions much larger than an IRA or standard 401k. Plus it puts you in control with access to a world of alternative investment options.
Your Solo 401k makes you the CEO of your money with access to a full range of investment options so you can grow your money faster.
Your Solo 401k is four accounts in one, and there are no transaction fees or rollover fees.
Contribution limits are based on net earnings from self employment. The more you earn from self employment, the bigger the tax deduction you get for saving and investing for your future.
The difference this can make in your finances is significant due to the effects of larger contributions and a higher growth rate.
* Illustration assumes net earnings from self employment of $148,000/yr, maximum Solo 401k contributions of $56,000/yr and investment growth of 12%/yr with alternative investments; compared to maximum contributions into IRA of $6,000 and SEP IRA of $37,000 with compound annual growth rate equal to that of S&P 500 in 2000-2018, including dividends, which is 4.83%.
Book a free no-pressure call with a Self Directed Retirement Expert and get answers to your questions about The Solo 401k.
There are two elements needed to qualify for a Solo 401k:
1) The presence of self-employment business activity and
2) the absence of full-time employees. Please see our page on Solo 401k
The application will only take you a few minutes. After you submit your application to us, we’ll have your documents prepared and delivered to your private encrypted 401k document dashboard in just a couple hours! You have access to your private 401k dashboard 24/7 so you can begin a rollover at 2 am without waiting for someone to have to send you any paperwork. However, the Nabers Group team is always a phone call, email or online chat away to answer any of your questions and make sure you’re well supported.
You can rollover almost any type of retirement plan into the Solo 401k, including a traditional IRA, another 401k plan, 403b, pension plan, TSP, etc. The only retirement plan that cannot roll into a Solo 401k is a Roth IRA as per IRS rules.
You’ll receive a check in the mail for your rollover funds with the check made payable to your new Solo 410k trust. Nabers Group never touches your money so it’s safe in your hands as your own 401k trustee. Nabers Group is not a custodian so we don’t manage your investments. You are your own custodian, giving you full freedom and flexibility to invest your funds any way you choose.
You can rollover a portion or all of your funds into the Solo 401k plan. It’s your choice.
You can rollover cash and/or in-kind assets. Our rollover paperwork will give you a section to note if and how you’d like to rollover in-kind assets such as stocks, bonds, or even real estate.
As of 2022, you can contribute up to $61,000 (or $69,500 if you are age 50 or older). If your spouse participates in the Solo 401k plan with you, double that contribution amount!
Yes, you can!
Yes! Ever since the Pension Protection Act was passed in 2006, you have the ability to do a tax free transfer, or “rollover,” of retirement funds from one retirement account to another.
You must meet 2 requirements to open a Solo 401k:
1) Entrepreneurship – This can be working as a freelancer, independent contractor, or business owner. This can be in the form of a sole proprietor or a formal corporation or LLC. Your entrepreneurship can be brand new, part time, or full time.
2) No full time employees – If you pay yourself a W2 paycheck that’s fine, but no outside W2 employees who work 1000+ hours a year.
No. With a Solo 401k, you can be your own custodian.
Yes! And it’s better than a self directed IRA because your Solo 401k is exempt from taxes on leveraged real estate profits.
Have more questions?
Nabers Group is a A+ Better Business Bureau Accredited business with a fanatical dedication to excellence in customer service and lifetime customer support to our accountholders.
600 17th Street
Denver, CO 80202
Email: [email protected]
Monday-Saturday 8 am-6 pm MT
Sunday by appointment
Cryptocurrency services provided by Gemini Trust Company LLC.